So the other day I made this amazing Nutella Cheesecake, yes, you read that correct! What was even better than that? This cheesecake contained 0% fat cream cheese! I experimented a little whilst making this cheesecake and with no exaggeration I ended up making the best cheesecake I’ve ever tasted in my life.
This cheesecake was an amazing consistency, with a melt in the mouth Nutella flavour… Just pure heaven. With something so delicious, and that tasted so great, I couldn’t just eat it like that. The love it took to make this cheesecake, the same amount of love it takes to serve and eat it too. So, my answer to that was strawberries & cream.
My serving suggestion for Nutella cheesecake is some strawberries to accompany it, with some sweet liquid cream poured over, heaven in every mouthful! Accompanied by a glass of dry, red wine, need I describe further? Bitter and sweet, chocolatey and heavenly, red, creamy. You’ll never eat a Nutella cheesecake without strawberries & cream again, I promise . 🍓
I like carrot cake. I lie. I adore carrot cake. As those of you who follow my blog know, I am obsessed with eating as healthy and clean as I can manage, however, that does not mean I don’t have my flaws. I have an incredible sweet tooth! I LOVE cakes, chocolate, candy you name it, if it’s loaded with sugar, I love it.
So for days on end last week I was craving carrot cake, I kept putting it on knowing it was a calorific bomb waiting to blow. However, I woke up one morning mid-week and thought I was going to go crazy if I just didn’t get this carrot cake. (I’ve heard even breastfeeding mothers crave like crazy, so maybe that’s why.) I don’t actually have a stock of carrot cake in my house, and over here you can’t really find it anywhere except for in restaurants. So what to do? Improvise!
I ended up making my usual bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, except it tasted like without exaggeration EXACTLY LIKE CARROT CAKE, maybe even more satisfying as it was warm and fulfilling. I don’t think I’ll ever eat carrot cake again, I mean I loved this so much I ate oatmeal for lunch. The best thing about this recipe? It takes 7/8 mins in total, is super super healthy, super tasty & it’s like eating cake for breakfast! Seriously what can be better than that?!
- One carrot, peeled and grated
- Milk (cows/coconut/almond/oat/skimmed/soya/ whatever milk you like.) I use Alpro coconut milk or Alpro almond milk, it’s the lowest ever calorie milk, lactose free & tastes amazing)
- Half a teaspoon of ginger
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- One clove (optional)
- A sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup/ brown sugar/ white sugar/ golden syrup (whichever you prefer) I use golden syrup.
- Put all the ingredients in a pan, EXCEPTION of the sweetening ingredient (in my case golden syrup). – Milk and oats amount will be according to however much you eat.
- Put the pan on low fire and stir continuously, it should take roughly 5/6 mins to cook and thicken. – the thickness also depends on how you like your oatmeal.
- If it’s too runny, add more oats. If it’s too thick add more milk until you attain desired consistency.
- When it’s ready pour in a bowl, add two teaspoons of your desired sweetened ingredient, some desiccated coconut on top and enjoy!
Yes, it really is that simple!