I am literally the Cookie Monster, I love cookies in any shape or form.
At the point I made this cookie I’d been awake all night with a whingy five month old baby (growth spurt I think it was). I woke up the morning after that night hungry, tired, sleepy and just needing something warm and fulfilling in my belly!
I had Pop Tarts in my cupboard, but I decided against them as I knew I’d only get a sugar rush just to be double tired afterwards, but from the Pop tarts came this ingenious idea. A breakfast cookie!
Here’s the thing, nearly ALL breakfast cookie recipes I see online either require baking, or bananas. I didn’t have any bananas. And using the oven after an all nighter? Are you kidding me?
I N G R E D I E N T S – everything as per preference (I made mine in a mug so you can imagine the quantities are not so large).
- Frozen berries
- Peanut butter
- Honey for sweetness + decoration
C O O K I E T I M E!
- Grab a mug put about a tablespoon of berries or more in the mug.
- Warm them in the microwave for about a minute. (They’ll release water from being frozen)
- One scoop of oats into the mug, mix it all up so that it’s like one big berry mush.
- Heat again in the microwave until it turns into some type of red oatmeal mess (just keep checking on it)
- Add in two teaspoons of peanut butter, heat in microwave for about 30 seconds just in order to melt the peanut butter.
- Mix it all up again ensuring everything is mixed in nicely.
- Then heat in the microwave until mixture is thick and you have that ‘baked’ texture -> this is all dependent on personal preference. Just keep checking on it!
- Scoop it all out onto a plate, pat it with a spoon to give it a cookie shape (or just leave it in the mug). Top it with some nuts, coconut flakes, honey, agave syrup, whatever you wish.
- Enjoy your amazing sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, egg free, antioxidant breakfast cookie!