Goooood morning! So as we all know a quick, clean breakfast idea that’s got the carbs (the good kind), the antioxidants and a great taste is always a great way to kick start your day. So I thought this morning I’d give you guys a quick breakfast idea and show you what I’m eating this sunny morning. You ready to make it with me? Just simply throw in some quick cooking oats with milk of preference – (today it is coconut milk for me, yum!); some frozen berries for a crunch and a sprig of mint to finish it off with a fresh, great after taste. Simple right? It probably takes quicker to make it then it does to write about it.
So don’t forget, next time you don’t know what to make for breakfast try some of these delicious oats and berries 🍒
I am literally the Cookie Monster, I love cookies in any shape or form.
At the point I made this cookie I’d been awake all night with a whingy five month old baby (growth spurt I think it was). I woke up the morning after that night hungry, tired, sleepy and just needing something warm and fulfilling in my belly!
I wasn’t in the mood for eggs, I wasn’t in the mood for cereal, I wasn’t in the mood for boring oatmeal, but I was in the mood for some kind of sweet, glorious junk that would make me wake up again!
I had Pop Tarts in my cupboard, but I decided against them as I knew I’d only get a sugar rush just to be double tired afterwards, but from the Pop tarts came this ingenious idea. A breakfast cookie!
Here’s the thing, nearly ALL breakfast cookie recipes I see online either require baking, or bananas. I didn’t have any bananas. And using the oven after an all nighter? Are you kidding me?
So I just put all this stuff in a mug instead and Voila! My amazing, sweet, warm, delicious and fulfilling breakfast cookie.
I N G R E D I E N T S – everything as per preference (I made mine in a mug so you can imagine the quantities are not so large).
- Frozen berries
- Peanut butter
- Honey for sweetness + decoration
C O O K I E T I M E!
- Grab a mug put about a tablespoon of berries or more in the mug.
- Warm them in the microwave for about a minute. (They’ll release water from being frozen)
- One scoop of oats into the mug, mix it all up so that it’s like one big berry mush.
- Heat again in the microwave until it turns into some type of red oatmeal mess (just keep checking on it)
- Add in two teaspoons of peanut butter, heat in microwave for about 30 seconds just in order to melt the peanut butter.
- Mix it all up again ensuring everything is mixed in nicely.
- Then heat in the microwave until mixture is thick and you have that ‘baked’ texture -> this is all dependent on personal preference. Just keep checking on it!
- Scoop it all out onto a plate, pat it with a spoon to give it a cookie shape (or just leave it in the mug). Top it with some nuts, coconut flakes, honey, agave syrup, whatever you wish.
- Enjoy your amazing sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, egg free, antioxidant breakfast cookie!