The brownies… Where to begin? (I’ll keep this sweet – but sugar free and short as I’m guessing you just want to make these damn good brownies instead of reading what I have to say about them).
Firstly – These are suitable for vegetarians NOT vegans. So please discontinue reading if you are vegan.
Secondly – These are *sugar AND *flour AND *dairy free. Totally guilt free!
Thirdly – Yet again these were one of my ‘mini science experiments’, those of you who follow my blog are familiar with the fact that I’m always conducting these weird & wonderful experiments in my kitchen (and have been doing so since a child, mostly in my bedroom so that I wouldn’t drive my mother crazy). Therefore I don’t have exact quantities, so please, please, please feel free to use my recipe as your guide, but adapt it to your wishes and needs! And don’t forget to use your cooking intuition!! A free state of mind whilst making any of my recipes is all you need to make it a magical dessert!
Fourthly – I write all the above ⬆️ because a lot of new people have asked for this recipe since the picture of my brownies. So THANK YOU for the interest, and support towards my blog! I appreciate it from the bottom of my soul.
Fifthly (and finally) – Enjoy your guilt free brownies!
I N G R E D I E N T S (I’ll put exactly what I used then an extra note at the bottom)
- One zucchini (courgette as my best friend likes to say)
- One egg
- 3 teaspoons of coffee (optional)
- 1/3 jar of peanut butter (about 200g)
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Pure cocoa powder (I have no idea how much I used- just buy a general retail pack)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
* peanut butter can be replaced by any other nut butter (almond butter, hazelnut butter)
* if you are not used to a sugar free and dairy free diet then these may not be sweet enough for you so i suggest adding some chocolate chips, or just small chunks of any kind of chocolate if you wish to. Or if you prefer even a few scoops of protein powder to make these protein loaded brownies!!
R E C I P E
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grate the zucchini, put it in a pan, add in the peanut butter and honey.
- If the peanut butter is solid just put the pan over the fire until it’s melted slightly. Mix everything together with a hand whisk.
- Add in the egg and beat everything together.
- If using the coffee, add that in, then add in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and pure vanilla extract.
- Lastly after you have a smooth batter, just pour the cocoa powder in and keep whisking until the batter is dark and at a desired color (this is purely personal preference) my mixture was basically black. *at this point if using chocolate chunks/chips or protein powder add that in too. Fold that all in together!
- Place in a non-stick or greaseproof paper lined pan and stick in the oven. Keep an eye on them, mine were ready in 30/35 minutes. You will know when they are ready when you insert a toothpick into the centre of the batter and it comes out clean.
*intuition is the key, think about how you want your browny to be. Batter too liquid? Add more zucchini. Too thick? Add more honey etc.
Any questions? Please ask me!
Also I’d love to see how your brownies turned out so please mail me pics! I’ll feature them on the blog!