There are 3 things that I love about frittatas:
- You can literally put anything in them.
- They always look so fancy
- They take no effort in making them.
So this morning I made a frittata for familia Moldovan and it was so good I just couldn’t help but share it with you guys.
In theory a frittata takes about 5-10 minutes max to prep (depending on what you put in it) and 25 minutes in the oven, therefore to optimize time use, I prepare it first thing, pop it in the oven, then get babies and family ready for breakfast.
So here’s how it’s done.
- Slice a red onion
- Caramelize red onion slices in 1tsp. butter
- Add a cup of spinach right at the end
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl (I made 6 eggs)
- Add the onions and spinach to the egg
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof glass bowl.
- Place in over until risen
- Sprinkle on some goats cheese if you like it – if you all are a fan you can add the goats cheese into the egg mixture (I hate it, Mihai and Ayan loves it) so for us it is a sprinkle on after job.
Ps. The absolute best thing about this recipe is it is totally CARB FREE!